Friday, June 25, 2010

East Side Story



This post is about East Side Mario's! The title is a play on that famous broadway musical! You knew that already! My attempt at humor is as subtle as a grand piano falling on your head! Why am I using so many exclamation points! What is this, an Archie comic??!!!!

...Ok, I've composed myself. East Side Mario's in Bells Corners, Friday night. On the Patio, surrounded by friends. The sun setting on a beautiful summer evening. What more could a girl hope for??? I'll tell you what: A better Caesar. At first glance, the Casear was a thing of mouthwatering beauty. HUGE, glistening, tarted up with all kinds of stuff. The taste, however, left much to be desired:

Spice Level: 1.5/5 - ????
Garnishes: 3/5 - Cherry Tomatoes, a pickled pepper and finally! A celery Stalk! (You'd be surprised how delicious a Caesar soaked piece of vegetable can be when you've eaten nothing all day except a bag of chips for lunch. I hope my parents don't actually read this blog).
Originality: I'll give it a 2.5. It was sooo very pretty. The tomatoes were an odd choice in my opinion but god does East Side Mario's serve tasty peppers!
Overall yum Factor: 1.5...just really really bland. The Caesar is supposed to be a bold drink! If you can't take the heat, order a freaking Bloody Mary! Or else buy a bottle of Original (not Extra Spicy) Clamato and save yourself the $7!!

Recommended: No. But East Side's Patio on a Summer night, most definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment