Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Royal-ly Delicious (groan...)


Tunney's Pasture / Mechanicsville / Hintonburg. Whatever you want to call it, it's my favorite neighborhood in Ottawa. Maybe because it's transit way adjacent? Or because each house is unique to those around it (not like the almost eeire, Edward Scissorhand-esque homogenity of the suburbs)(I refer of course to the creepy planned community he visits, not his awesome gothic castle). Or, perhaps, it's the plenitude of interesting shops, many of which actually CLOSE on Sundays?!? Either way, I'm glad to be able to call it my home once more. Therefore, the Caesar I happily tasted at the Wellington Royal Oak on moving day may have been given an edge over the competition:

Spice Level: 2.5 (Keep in mind that I am one of those people who likes their spicy food to actually physically hurt them, so for a Caesar to rate a 4 or higher it needs to be a little out of control)
Garnishes: Only a lone lime wedge...a fact that would normally irk me but like I said, I was in a good mood.
Originality: 1...just a good, solid, tasty Caesar
Overall Yum Factor: 4, lots of Worcestershire sauce which I adore (Yes I had to look up the spelling)

Recommended: Yes, especially if your boyfriend remembers to order it without ice :) Check out the neighborhood while you're there.

1 comment:

  1. okok so royal oak wellington is down the street from where i work..... and theirs sounds NOTHING like barrhavens... although barrhavens only by one paticular bartender...
    his garnish...a whole pickle..plopped right in. sometimes celery too if hes feeling frisky. worchestire sauce yes...tobasco yes.. and if you tell him u like it ultra spicey and you like to party..he will make a glass of firey deliciousness. given the fact that i did work there for some time, perhaps he just knows i like them spicey... but hopefully you will one day get the same version as i usually get.

    ReplyDelete